CLICK HERE FOR PART TWO--AIR
BALLOONS AND THE TELEGRAPH
LINCOLN'S LOVE OF NEW TECHNOLOGY
President Abraham Lincoln was very
"technologically minded." He would push for
the use of new technologies to help the war
1. Describe this big cannon name, its
barrel, cannon balls, and range of firing.
2. How did Lincoln use the telegraph?
(include the use of secret codes and
ciphers to relay messages to the battlefront
and to the War Room)
3. What was invented to help the U.S. Navy?
Name the ships and describe them.
4. Describe the weapons in this picture:
4. What rifle changed the war-- thousands
5. Tell about how air balloons were used in
the War. Do the air balloon activity.