The Higher Moral Ground:
What this means?
person in a Leadership Role, such as a Senator or President must
make decisions based upon a higher good or intent. Abraham Lincoln
would use the BIBLE as well as his deep understanding of the intents
of the Founding Fathers. Some would think Abraham Lincoln had his
"own opinions" and tried to put them on others, but his decisions
would best be described as coming from the "High Moral Ground"
more description of how decisions are made upon the "High Moral Ground":
1. What were the decisions they made, and what assumptions underlay
2. Did either government, for example, want or expect war?
3. What did each side expect would happen when it implemented its
4. Did their decisions have unintended consequences?
5. Were their policies consistent over time, or did policies change
as conditions altered?
Issues of policy and decision making, therefore, call not only for an
investigation of actions taken, but also of the motives and intentions behind
We always hope that our President and other leaders will draw
"High Moral Ground"
to guide our country